Esta pergunta também foi feita em Ask Ubuntu , que tem algumas instruções para diagnosticar o problema.
Para a posteridade, a recomendação da única resposta é:
I had a similar problem with an Epson network printer. To find out what was causing it, I used
netstatto monitor the network connections while inserting a USB device:sudo netstat -t -u -a -p -c
One connection appeared a few moments after the device was inserted: a UDP connection by
colord-sane. This binary is part ofcolord, a "system service to manage device colour profiles".Unfortunately, disabling this service (at least on 15.04) is more difficult than it would seem.
colordis not started directly by the init systemsystemd. Instead,dbusstartscolord, or is asked to startcolordby some other service (at least not the printer servicecupsd). One way to prevent this is by renaming the relevant service file:cd /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/ sudo mv org.freedesktop.ColorManager.service org.freedesktop.ColorManager.service.disabledI don't know what side-effects this action might have. Another possibility is to uninstall
colordcompletely, usingsudo apt-get remove colordAs I don't really need colour profile functionality on my Ubuntu device, I didn't investigate what exactly
colorddoes to "activate" the printer, or how to teach it not to do so.